IBM3 - 6 years Bengaluru (Karnataka)
Your Role and Responsibilities
As MongoDB administrator, you will manage, maintain, and troubleshoot the company databases housed in MongoDB. If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Maintain database systems, ensuring best practice processes are followed and service levels are met.
- Support MongoDB, Oracle and SQL databases for in-house and 3rd party applications.
- Partner with application DBAs to maintain database structures, ensure optimal designs and coding practices are followed.
- Upgrades of MongoDB, Database Migrations and Updates and application of database patches.
- Develop and implement Defragmentation strategies and Index rebuilds.
- Designing DR (Disaster Recovery)/COB (Continuity of Business) plans as applicable.
- Data integration with other database (MongoDB and MySQL).
- Fine tune the configurations - mongo dB and servers for performance improvement.
- Support Automation for Configuration and management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- MongoDB DBA with experience as production support DBA for 3-6 years.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Experience in latest versions 4.2,4.4
- Experience in Rolling Database Upgrades
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Implement appropriate indexes for performance improvement.
- Fine-tune configurations - MongoDB and servers for performance improvement.
- Implement optimal backup and recovery.
- Understand and optimize query performance.
- Create and publish database health checks to monitoring systems
- Design and implement DR plans & HA solutions and recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills- Should have ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work in different shifts including night shift for 24/7 support.
- Should be Self-motivated, team oriented, able to work in a team environment and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Banking and Financial domain experience preferred.
- Should be good at written and oral communication with client and other stakeholders of the system.
- Good to have:
- Knowledge of other NoSQL systems like MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra etc.
- Exposure to automation techniques/tools and languages.
- Experience with performance tuning and monitoring.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Mongo Sharding
- Experience in Mongo Replication
- Experience in Shell scripting and automations
- Experience in Ops Manager install and monitoring setup.
- Should have experience in XML, XPATH, and XML Query
- Should have working experience in query performance tuning, reviewing, writing and debugging of code modules around complex data structures.
- Should have excellent analyzing and problem solving skills.
- Should be experienced with Linux operating system and commands.
- Should be willing to work in rotational shifts (including night shifts
- Should have demonstrated prior experience (minimum of 3 to 6 years) in database administration with a large-scale production MarkLogic clusters.
- Should possess in-depth knowledge on security model, backup/restore mechanisms, corb jobs, mlcp and other related tools, frameworks and technologies of MarkLogic.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 375,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, and just completed its 22nd year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.