Let's get you started
Editor - Pharmaceutical Sciences (full-time; Work-from-home)
Cactus Communications0 - 5 years Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll (http://bit.ly/1hoyAB9), 37% of US employees already telecommute (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
- Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
- Flexibility . You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insiders view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: http://bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: bit.ly/cactuseditingnmm
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
For any questions and concerns, email Enid Mendonca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Candidate profile
- A degree (bachelors, masters, PhD, etc.) in Medicine or Life Sciences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Cactus Communications (cactusglobal.com) is a global scientific communications company that collaborates with researchers across academic disciplines, universities, publishers, societies, and life science organizations to accelerate research impact. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions. We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.Awards and Recognition* Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016. * Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).* Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).* Ranked #1 among India's Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017). CACTUS is committed to offering work opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation. CACTUS provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Upload CV to get Started
or drag and drop your CV here
(Please upload a doc, docx or pdf file)
Please upload a pdf, doc, docx or txt document less than 2 MB in size.
Custom-build your hiring network by connecting to Peers in this company
Sign Up to get their help, or to search for more jobs
Connect and engage your peer in companies that you check out vacancies they have, and get their help during your application process.