Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Last shared 263 days ago
VMware's world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Group Description (End User Computing EUC – Enterprise Desktop Products R&D team)Today's workplace is growing increasingly mobile. End-users need access to their desktops and corporate information from various devices and locations. For IT, the delivery, management and security of corporate desktops, applications and data is an exceedingly complex challenge. Our End-User Computing team is building the next generation platform for enabling the mobile, modern workforce. The Horizon family of products was developed around the vision that users now need a virtual workspace – a central hub for accessing all their desktops, business applications, services and files.Windows desktops have been a mainstay of the enterprise for 25 years, but a fundamental shift is now underway affecting the way enterprise customers access desktops, applications, and data. This shift is driven by two large- scale trends: cloud computing, and the emergence of personal Internet- connected devices to replace PCs. Desktops, apps, and data should be accessible from any device, anywhere, transparently. VMware Horizon (View), as the leading implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, is a key enabler for the desktop of the future as well as application delivery. VMware View is the solution that centralizes desktops in the datacenter and makes them available remotely from multiple endpoint devices.VMware Horizon DaaS is a SaaS solution for delivering virtual desktop remotely. The Horizon DaaS engineering team is developing a software platform that enables enterprises to consume desktops from the cloud in an as-a-service model.
- Lead and manage highly talented 10-12 engineers with varying degree of experience
- Be a hands on technical manager who will need to work across multiple location development teams as collaborator and partner
- Working within a collaborative team setting with other developers to architect, design, implement and integrate new and enhanced features with highest quality
- Writing well-documented, high performance, reliable, maintainable code in Java/J2EE would be beneficial.
- Research, design and implement industry best practices in regards to provisioning, maintaining and monitoring cloud environments.
- Working with QE to define, design and implement effective e2e tests for product to ensure high product quality.
- Working with product management and other teams, the candidate will establish new requirements and play a lead role in the design implementation of features to deliver on the broader vision for VMWare Horizon DaaS
- 12+ years software development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Excellent design and programming skills primarily in Fullstack with a focus on enterprise server solutions.
• Working knowledge of Java EE experience including EJBs, Web Services, and/or other remoting technologies
• Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, or PostgreSQL (preferred)
• Working knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and commercial product development practices
• Use of Open Source packages for common capabilities (e.g., log4j, Quartz, ActiveMQ)
• Knowledge of Spring Framework and Hibernate
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
• Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
• Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
• Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.
Sign up free of charge to apply for jobs and meet your future colleagues!
Sign up for free