Let's get you started
About the role:
Site Reliability is about combining development and operations knowledge and skills to help make the organization better. Whether you have a development background and are interested in learning more about operations or are a DevOps/Systems Engineer who is interested in developing internal tools – Cvent SRE can benefit from your skillsets. Ultimately, we are looking for passionate people who love learning and technology. BS, MS in Computer Science OR related technical degree required.
We are responsible for ensuring that our platform is stable and healthy. We break down barriers by fostering developer ownership and empowering developers. We support them by building creative and robust solutions to operations problems. We use our background as generalists to work closely with product development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. We see the big picture. We help create and enforce standards while facilitating an agile and learning culture. We use SRE principals such as blameless postmortems and operational load caps to ensure we’re constantly improving our knowledge and maintaining a good quality of life. Overall, we’re passionate about automation, learning and participating in dynamic day to day work.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Lead - Site Reliability Engineer, you'll use your advanced development and operations knowledge to identify and prioritize issues. Find universal solutions to common problems and mentor and support junior staff. Additionally, you will:
- Enlighten, Enable and Empower a fast-growing set of multi-disciplinary teams, across multiple applications and locations.
- Tackle complex development, automation and business process problems.
- Champion Cvent standards and best practices.
- Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of products.
- Work with the development and product team of a new application to establish the right monitoring and alerting strategy.
- Work with a new acquisition's DevOps team to cross-pollinate best practices, educate and close gaps in Cvent standards.
- Develop build, test and deployment automation that seamlessly targets multiple on-premises and AWS regions.
- Help a dev team working on a legacy code base to realize zero-down-time deployments.
- Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects
- Automate all the things!
What You Will Need for this Position:
- Graduate with experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT operations, SDLC methodologies (preferably Agile software development methodology).
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or equivalent
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Maven etc
- Working experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, couchbase, postgres etc
- Working understanding of at least one of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP or equivalent
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision is must.
- People management experience is a huge plus.Roles and Responsibilities
Desired Candidate Profile
Perks and Benefits
Cvent, Inc. is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management company, with tens of thousands of customers and 2,500+ employees worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, on-site event solutions, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase group business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Upload CV to get Started
or drag and drop your CV here
(Please upload a doc, docx or pdf file)
Please upload a pdf, doc, docx or txt document less than 2 MB in size.
Custom-build your hiring network by connecting to Peers in this company
Sign Up to get their help, or to search for more jobs
Connect and engage your peers in companies that interest you. Check out vacancies they have and get their help during your application process.