As Linux Administrator, you are responsible for installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Linux Operating Systems
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there s no limit to what you can
- Involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support UNIX-Linux Server
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT Industry
- Mandatory Certification on RHCE & Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting & Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical,Virtual, and Cloud
- Knowledge on Ansible or openshift, exposure to AWS or Azure (Preferably)
- Scripting Knowledge is must on any of Bash or Python or Perl
- Hands-on EMC PowerPath along with experience in SAN and NAS storage
- Ability to work independently with Vendor to resolve issues ( OS and Hardware)
Hands-on knowledge Oracle Disks ( ASM)
- Proficient in HP, IBM Servers and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Incident and Change Management
- Expertise in Linux Cluster configuration and troubleshooting
- Experienced to articulate standard Methodologies for during implementations
- Prior experience in creating SOPs and documentation and Server Hardening
- Solid experience in calculating Risk and solving vulnerabilities
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing, publications
- You ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be
- You ll learn directly from experienced developers in the field, our team leads love to mentor
- You ll have the opportunity to work in different areas to figure out what really excites you.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 375,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, and just completed its 22nd year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.