Let's get you started
Roles and Responsibilities
Qualification: Bachelors in science, engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand project scope.
- Based on the analysis of the type of the project provide inputs on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager / Architects etc).
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks etc.
- Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
- Analyze in detail resources required for every phase, conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities, prepare resource and development plan or provide inputs and review with PM.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements (functional and nonfunctional) from customer.
- Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
- Provide inputs for requirements prioritization.
- Debrief team on the requirements gathered and seek feedback.
- Participate in client calls and seek clarifications if any.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability matrix along with BA.
- Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
- Work with administrators to setup security requirements.
- Understand various functional and non functional requirements and HLD in order to provide inputs to create LLD and review.
- Recommend make/ buy or alternate solutions.
- Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
- Create code development checklist.
- Prepare UI specifications / mock ups for reports / dashboards and provide guidance to team members/ designers for creating data mapping documents or unit documents for ETL & BI.
- Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project understanding.
- Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and coordinate to seek signoff on design and other artifacts.
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on the organization repository and past experience.
- Allocate modules to developers for coding.
- Provide inputs for setting up development environment.
- Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
- Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
- Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
- Monitor code merge to build environment and provide consolidated feedback to design.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
- Review test cases written by team.
- In case of small projects, review/ guide for SIT and other testing.
- Provide support for development of unit/ integration test cases as required.
- Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
- Monitor defects raised and closed.
- Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
- Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
- Attend QA audits as and when required.
- Setup instructions.
- Understand release and deployment environment and provide inputs for release/deployments plan.
- Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
- Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
- Monitor and review smoke testing, mock runs.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
- Provide status inputs to the project manager.
- Support Project Manager in creating a weekly status report including tasks achieved in the week and plan for next week.
- Provide guidance to team through SDLC.
- Track metrics wrt plan and monitor the same.
- Collect and present metrics (utilization, time spent on each activity / team etc) to the Project Manager.
- In case of change in the project, support in creating a first level impact analysis.
- Support project manager in gathering all documents required for audits and maintain them regularly.
Service Support and Maintenance:
- Create transition plan.
- provide transition walkthrough to the maintenance team.
- Understand internal stakeholders (Account Manager, Project Managers etc) and client expectations.
- Follow through on commitments, achieve timely resolution of issues.
- Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.
- Create/ guide creation of knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions, best practices, new methodology implemented, retrospection report etc.
- Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
- Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
- Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions.
- Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews.
- Conduct / support managers in conducting appraisals for team members and share final ratings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
- Understand RFP.
- Participate in ongoing calls with the vertical team members.
- Provide references.
- Create relevant parts of the proposal and identify the case studies to be included.
- Provide time and resource estimates based on technical complexity and type of work done earlier.
- List out the challenges, dependencies, assumptions and timelines required for the project under guidance.
- Provide inputs on technology preference based on the project requirements.
- Review with the applicable vertical teams and incorporate their feedback.
Must Have Skills
- Assortment Management
Good To Have Skills
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
Upload CV to get Started
or drag and drop your CV here
(Please upload a doc, docx or pdf file)
Please upload a pdf, doc, docx or txt document less than 2 MB in size.
Custom-build your hiring network by connecting to Peers in this company
Sign Up to get their help, or to search for more jobs
Connect and engage your peer in companies that you check out vacancies they have, and get their help during your application process.