Let's get you started
On Contract - Flex - Hiring For the role of Linux & VMWare Admin
Flextronics Technologies(I) Pvt Ltd8 - 12 years Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Flex - Hiring for the role of Linux & VMWare Administrator based in Chennai/Pune.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Create OS standardizations around speed and reliability
- Implement security, audit and compliance guidelines
- Analysis, design, develop, and deploy of Microsoft servers to support 7x24 mission critical business/financial applications and manufacturing execution systems;
- Develop, deploy, and advance global technical standards, policies, processes, and best practices of Linux platform to maximize efficiency and effectiveness;
- Manage vendor relationships
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing SYSTEM validation processes, project delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions.
- Maintains issue tracking and documentation systems and provides reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects
- Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
- Expert understanding of Linux internals, system engineering and administration
- Experience designing, administering and troubleshooting common services including NFS, SMTP, syslog-ng, Apache httpd, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing configuration management systems like Puppet or Ansible
- Experience using Kickstart, cobbler and other utilities for automated OS installation
- Strong scripting skills a must (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of kernel runtime parameters
- Understanding of physical storage systems and block device management
- Advanced knowledge of filesystems and logical volumes
- Experience interrogating user processes through /proc filesystem
- Expert at application performance profiling using strace and related utilities
- Exposure to docker and other container concepts preferred
- Experience on VMware technology and Virtualization
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as IP Routing and various IP related protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, Multicast UDP).
- Good understanding of storage solutions and storage related technologies. (NetApp, HDS, Nimble, Pure etc.)
- Understanding of file sharing protocols (NFS, SMB, CIFS, etc)
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 8 - 12 years of experience in Linux/VMware Administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with management, vendors and external parties and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Detail oriented, analytical mindset, highly effective at decision making
- Ability to manage numerous business priorities with ease
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale„¢ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live smarter„¢, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information about working at Flex, please visit www.Flextronics.com/careers
Upload CV to get Started
or drag and drop your CV here
(Please upload a doc, docx or pdf file)
Please upload a pdf, doc, docx or txt document less than 2 MB in size.
Custom-build your hiring network by connecting to Peers in this company
Sign Up to get their help, or to search for more jobs
Connect and engage your peers in companies that interest you. Check out vacancies they have and get their help during your application process.