We are looking for a Senior Scala Developer with minimum of 5+ years of work experience in Functional programming using Scala. The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad technical skillset and extensive experience in this industry.
As a result, the candidate should be able to design, develop and test the products required for the company's needs. Moreover, the candidate should be able to work with other developers in determining product strategy.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Server Side Programming Languages: Scala is a must. Java is good to have.
- Framework: HTTP4S, Cats
- Proficient in writing REST APIs
- Good understanding of object-oriented as well as functional programming paradigms
- Database design, creation and integration: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDb.
- Cloud computing integration - e.g., public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, or private cloud environments
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
Qualification & Skills :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science with 5+ years of industry experience
- Technical depth across multiple languages
- Able to meet deadlines
- Leadership experience
- Strong communications skill
Additional Information & Nice to Have :
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Setup and administration of backups
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Web Server technologies: Apache, Nginx
- Knowledge of presenting data in different formats
About Heady :
We offer a multitude of services - strategy, user experience design (UX), user interface design (UI), software engineering, testing, marketing, analytics and maintenance - all of which come together to form a successful product.
We use a hybrid model: Our engineers are based in India, while our UX, UI, strategy, and lead management are in the US. We are not an outsourcing agency; having both regular meetings and a local presence is important to us, just as it is to our clients.
Upload CV to get Started
or drag and drop your CV here
(Please upload a doc, docx or pdf file)
Please upload a pdf, doc, docx or txt document less than 2 MB in size.