Omaha, United States
Last shared 80 days ago
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
NOSQL Document Modeler :
NOSQL Document Modeler is responsible for Modeling in MongoDB for Highly scalable
and high throughput - low latency application needs. Understand the relational
data modeling techniques and bridge the gap between the NOSQL and relational
teams. Help Application and Operations team to troubleshoot performance tuning
issues related to MongoDB. He/She will be competent to complete most of the
MongoDb design tasks independently and should be able to work with little
• Responsible for designing document models/NOSQL models for MongoDB for Highly
scalable and high throughput - low latency application needs.
• Design MongoDB document models for Operational Data Stores.
• Develop relational models for Data Warehouse applications.
• Maintain Data Model repository using Power Designer and Erwin tools.
• Should drive conversations with development teams and DBA teams to optimize
the schema structure and ingestion processes influencing the write and read
• Help Applications and Operations team to troubleshoot the performance
• Executes and provides feedback for data modeling policies, procedure,
processes and standards.
• Design and develop building a reusable REST API model/framework to consume
data from and/or push data into MongoDB.
• Must have good understanding in Microservices based application architecture.
• Must have good understanding of MongoDB capabilities like Sharding, Replicas
• Should have good understanding/experience in tools/technologies – Kafka,
Elasticsearch, GoldenGate,ETL tools.
• Should have experience in reliable Data ingestion processes that use
• Proficient with build related technologies such as Git & Maven.
• Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and
• Experience developing web-based user interface for business applications;
• Knowledge of IT fields and computer systems;
• Understanding of the systems development life cycle;
• Proficiency programming in multiple object oriented programming languages;
• Ability to manage tasks independently.
• Knowledge of basic Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories,
Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria.
• Experience with an Agile Tool, specifically JIRA is a plus
Interview Process (Phone, In-Person, Both):
Phone, Webex and/or In Person
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at
the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company
with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New
York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San
Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We’re doing business in almost half the states
in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100%
consultant and client focused. You are our most important
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible,
and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about
every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's
our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them
for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also
have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible
benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want,
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary)
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an
employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of
the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and
one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the
Columbus Business First “Fast 50” award 9 times in 12 years
because of our strong growth which translates into more and better
opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of
the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp
Sign up free of charge to apply for jobs and meet your future colleagues!
Sign up for free